Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What is the measure of financial wealth?


Strolling in the mall on a weekend is the most common form of "shunning-away-boredom" for almost everyone - from students to employees; especially if it falls on a pay day. Agree? I knew it because I practiced it. Meeting friends, newly found friends, acquaintances, relatives and even family members(who feel the same way as you do) is so much fun. People dropping by at their favorite shops who would have not needing to buy something but ending up buying some or shall i say swiping it all away. You can see many socialite people that looks elite in their glam attires and high-tech gadgets. There also those low-profile people and enjoying a simple lifestyle. At the back of my head, I am trying to pinpoint the wealthy people from not. But as I go on and meet some more people in different styles having different destinations, entering different stores, carrying small and big shopping bags, I realize that it is hard to tell that this person is rich and the other is not - comparing that a super glam person is richer than the one in torn jeans is difficult. What is the real measure of financial wealth, i come to ask. I recall one of the registered financial planner said that financial wealth is not measured with how much you earn but how long you live when you stop working. Longevity does not mean "living dead". What then is "living dead"? Living dead is simply a life of brokenness...unhappiness...full of liabilities...its as if you breathe a polluted air and panic-stricken upon the sea of the darkness...a life that you are dying to end. Want to become financially wealthy?http://becomewealthyblog.blogspot.com/ It is your call.

No comments: